- 2 pounds Open Acres boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14 ounces) Our Family less-sodium chicken broth (1 3⁄4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Open Acres yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Our Family paprika
- 2 teaspoons Our Family salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 8 teaspoon Our Family cayenne pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups Our Family wide egg noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup Our Family sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Our Family all-purpose flour
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 1-inchbchunks (about 3 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, broth, garlic, half of the green bell pepper, onion, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cover and cook on low 51⁄2 hours or on high 21⁄2 hours.
- Meanwhile, about 30 minutes before paprikash is done, prepare noodles as label directs; drain.
- In small bowl, stir together sour cream and flour, and stir into slow cooker. Increase heat to high, cover and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, red bell pepper and remaining half of the green bell pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Serve chicken paprikash over noodles. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 561 Calories, 22g Fat (10g Saturated), 217mg Cholesterol, 1510mg Sodium, 45g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 47g Protein