- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 7 tablespoons Our Family olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Open Acres boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut lengthwise into 1⁄2-inch strips
- 1 cup Our Family uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 orange, red and/or yellow bell peppers, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin orange segments in light syrup, drained
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In medium bowl, whisk together garlic, lime juice, 6 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon cilantro, coriander, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag. Pour 1⁄2 cup marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Prepare rice as label directs.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large skillet or wok over high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken, and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell peppers and jalapeño, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until peppers are tender- crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions, remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon cilantro and remaining marinade. Cook 1 minute, stirring. Add orange segments and cook just until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°, stirring occasionally. Serve stir- fry over rice, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Chef Tips Try substituting fresh Mandarin orange segments (tangerines, clementines, etc.) in place of canned. Stir-frying is a healthy cooking method in which small pieces of food are cooked quickly over high heat in a small amount of oil, preserving the crisp textures, bright colors and nutrients of the vegetables. Approximate nutritional values per serving: 499 Calories, 25g Fat (4g Saturated), 66mg Cholesterol, 355mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 29g Protein